The Environmental Working Group will focus on:
- Review SCDC Conservation booklet /policy to ensure safeguarding built heritage assets.
- Review designated natural environmental areas and other areas of local importance to ensure protection of natural assets.
- Consider opportunities for enhancement of key areas such as the High Street.
- Ensure public rights of way and areas with public access are kept open and new routes opened with the agreement of landholding interests.
- Campaign to ensure the Green Belt around the village is safeguarded.
- Assist the Parish Council in identifying land for cemetery and allotment use if required.
- Investigate opportunities for energy saving, re-use and recycling on a community basis.
- Vehicle parking problems.
Current group members: